Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Blast from the Past #186: Leonardo pinup

Here's one of my TMNT pinup drawings from the early days, in this case a Leonardo from 1985.



It's interesting to compare these to later drawings, to see how my style of drawing the guys changed over the years. And not just the style... you can see by the fact that Leo has one broad diagonal strap across his chest -- instead of the two narrower ones we later settled on -- that some of the costume details were still in flux. -- PL

5 comments:

  1. Those are some nice clean lines. Good stuff as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blast from the past posts. When it's something I recognize, it's very nostalgic, and when I don't, it's cool to see something "new".

    I guess the turtles would have looked more or less like this all the time in the beginning if it wasn't for the toning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. those lines are very clean and i really dont mind the single belt on the chest. I think i could go for either style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. -->> ..anyone know what issue this appeared in ? ? .. i guess i better go diggin'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks a lot like the NECA Leo to me.

    ReplyDelete